Monday, January 29, 2007

Uh-oh

Baby Boone is showing signs* of having a GI virus. He's been running through diapers a little more frequently over the past week or so, and I was hoping that it was just due to teething and extra drool or something. But Dragon couldn't leave well enough alone**, cheerily saying in the car yesterday, "I can't believe Baby Boone hasn't been sick! He's hardly been sick at all, compared to Boy Wonder at this age! It's so great!"

Me: "Shhh. You'll jinx us and he'll get sick a bunch. Probably right after I get a job, whenever that may be."

Dragon: "Oh, he will not. I wonder why he hasn't gotten sick, though?"

Me: "Shut up! Seriously!"

Perhaps I am a little paranoid. But Baby Boone is just at the age that Boy Wonder was when he embarked on a months-long Viral Stampede, consisting of a GI virus followed by RSV + pneumonia + an ear infection followed by another GI virus followed by a couple of feverish colds followed by croup. I think I can justify my paranoia here.

*Six befouled items of clothing (his outfits, my shirts), one gross high-chair cover, and a couple of unpleasant towels. I am the Laundry Goddess today.

**Not that this is actually his fault. But the Irony Gods are laughing at me.

No comments: