Thursday, March 29, 2007

Whine-o

(This post sponsored partially by Schmitt Söhne Riesling, so please forgive the lack of a specific theme, or perhaps any direction whatsoever. Good stuff, that.)

The verdict on the car: minor oil leak, easily handled by my keeping the oil tank full in the future. (And, presumably, keeping cardboard on my garage floor, lest I be tempted to christen my car Exxon Valdez.) It seems a bit odd that keeping the tank full will cause it not to leak, but it's not too often that mechanics want to NOT fix my car, so I'm going to go with it.

Another float in the Inconvenience Parade: someone at my house, whose name is not Anithe, misplaced a DVD that belonged to the library. (It HAS to be in our house somewhere; the home inspection did not uncover any portals to other dimensions. Unfortunately, I haven't located it yet.) In order to keep making our weekly visits to the library, I had to pay for it, and there was some confusion as to whether I might be able to get a refund once I locate the DVD. A polite email was sent, and a refund shall be mine if I do manage to locate Scooby-Doo Meets Batman. (Of all the DVDs I might have had the opportunity to reimburse the library for, that is NOT the one I would have picked.)

Action Hero's first birthday is in exactly one week, and we shall be having a party in exactly one week and two days. In honor of the occasion, I gave the kitchen floor a good sweeping, even moving the stove and sweeping under the refrigerator, and found all of our missing alphabet magnets, Jimmy Hoffa, and the Holy Grail. (I did not, however, find any DVDs.)

Boy Wonder is currently going through a two-bite snacking phase: asking for something to eat, taking two bites of it, and saying, "Can I be all done now? I'm not hungry anymore." And then, five minutes later, saying, "I'm hungry. Can I have a banola (sic) bar?"

Action Hero can climb stairs, at least the five on our back porch. Oh, and the lower three on our interior staircase.

Note to Boy Wonder's future girlfriends: keep it casual, ladies. This afternoon, Boy Wonder looked up as I walked into the room and said, "Wow, Mommy. You look beautiful!" What had I done? Changed into an old T-shirt and swept my hair into two messy pigtails.

Speaking of sweeping (again), as I was on the phone with the nice lady from the library, I heard Boy Wonder laughing hysterically in the kitchen, and Action Hero enthusiastically whapping his booster-chair tray. After my conversation concluded, I entered the kitchen...and was greeted by a floor covered in corn kernels and buttered macaroni noodles. After some questioning, it was revealed that the one who was responsible was the one who should really have known better.

I am really glad that Rocky was voted off of Survivor tonight, since he spent much of last week's episode wearing his rear end as a hat. Personalities like his are the reason that "reality" TV is not usually my first viewing choice.

I also spent some time on the phone with the nice unemployment lady, who called to make sure that my acceptance of a freelance writing assignment (yay!) would not conflict with my search for a full-time job. I assured her that a full-time, first-shift job was still much desired, thank you.

Speaking of jobs, I should be finding out tomorrow whether or not I will be offered one. To my references: you know who you are. Has anyone called you?

Goodnight, Gracie!

No comments: