Friday, March 23, 2007

Once upon a dream

Last night, I dyed my hair electric blue.

Fortunately, it was only a dream. Weird one, too. I had been invited to visit the very impressive estate of a young woman, and I'd been provided with clothing and a fresh hairstyle besides. I found this very exciting, until I realized that my clothing and hairstyle were exact duplicates of hers, and I knew that this meant she would kill me and pretend that my body was hers, enabling her to disappear and take on a new identity somewhere. (This is apparently what I get for watching Bones and a lot of L & O: SVU reruns before bedtime.) So I quickly ran out to the salon and got a makeover and some electric blue hair dye, and the day was saved. And then, in the dream, I said, "Oh, no! I have a job interview tomorrow! I can't go to it with electric blue hair!"

Except for the part about the hair, that last bit is accurate. In a surprising turn of events, last Friday's interviewer ACTUALLY MEANT IT when she said, "I'm sure I'll be calling you back for a second interview sometime next week!" Appendages crossed, everyone: we need some more gainful employment at my house, pronto!

No comments: