Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Variety show

Baby Boone news
Still walking. Four or five steps at a time, even! He is also babbling a great deal, saying, "Na na na na!" so much that I expect him to launch into "Hey, Jude" fairly soon.


Converation with Boy Wonder
"Mommy? I lost something. I lost my driver's license." (Not sure where he got that turn of phrase. Dragon and I have not misplaced any licenses lately.)

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I lost my driver's license in the woods, so we need to go find it. But we need to watch out for the bear. Bears are angry when you wake them up. Especially when they live in the jungle."

"Uh-huh."

Christmas decorations, inappropriate use of
I was attending to Baby Boone in his highchair when I heard, "Mommy, thank you so much for these Christmas boots! They're just what I always wanted! I love them!" from the living room. Now, there weren't actually any boots in the living room, as far as I remembered, but sometimes Boy Wonder will forget about something he hasn't worn for a while and it will be "new" again--I thought he was talking about his Thomas the Train slippers. Until I walked into the living room to see him walking around in his underwear with a Christmas stocking on each leg. The stockings reached fully to his hips and then some, and he was strutting around like a cowboy wearing heavy chaps. (Very festive chaps that would have gotten him laughed off the range.)

No comments: