Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Random acts of grossness

Yesterday, Boy Wonder came running into the kitchen and said, "Mommy! Mommy! Baby Boone has a snot bubble!" He did indeed, and was not best pleased when I attempted to remove it with a tissue. He also let loose several Sneezes of Terror, and found those somewhat distressing as well, freezing in place until I raced for a tissue to wipe his face. Fashion tip: if you have a sneezy infant, DO NOT wear a black shirt.* Your infant will leave very visible snail trails all over it.

Later in the day, we went shopping. Boy Wonder jumped into the front of the cart, bent down, and, to my very great horror, picked up a piece of popcorn from the floor of the cart and put it in his mouth, all before I could react. Oh, man. I managed to stop him from picking up the second piece of floor popcorn, and we discussed appropriate reactions to seeing popcorn on the floor in a public place. (There's only one appropriate reaction, in my opinion: LEAVE IT ALONE.)


*I can't actually follow this advice myself, since we have a lot of black clothing around here. Black clothing that needs to be washed frequently.

No comments: