Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kodak moment

Actually, it's a Sony Cybershot moment; I thought it might be nice to follow up the tale of Action Hero and his Surprise NasalMist™ with something pleasant. Story first, then picture.

I may have mentioned a time or six recently that Action Hero is really into coloring lately. Last Friday, when I went to pick him up at my parents' house, he was sitting at a child-sized table coloring intently. He looked indescribably sweet, and I decided to move our own child-sized table, currently in the playroom upstairs, to the living room so he could color there. Perhaps, I thought optimistically, Boy Wonder would like it too, and they would sit at the table and color together! (Generally one of them sits at the coffee table, after they fight over the kid-sized chair, and the other sits ON the coffee table.)

At first, this turned out to be a very optimistic thought indeed. I moved the table into the living room on Saturday morning. Action Hero really liked it, and would occasionally drop his toy cars to sit at the table for a while. Boy Wonder, delivered home by my parents after his Grandparental Sleepover Night (this occurs every other Friday or so), said, "Hey! Why did you move things?" Then he and Action Hero, each having sorely missed the other (or the opportunity to clonk a small counterpart on the head with a toy), spent the next couple of hours fighting over markers, toys, cars, stuffed animals, and who got to sit on my lap more.

Then it happened. I left the room for some reason (to cook dinner, I think), and came back to find the following:



Behold the power of the Child-Sized Table. And the crayons and colored pencils, of course.

No comments: