Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dream a little dream

Please enjoy the following tales of wacky dreams had by my immediate family.

Recently, while attempting to wake Dragon up one morning, I said, "HEY! Don't you have to go to work?" To which he replied, "I'm the last man on earth! Why would I have to go to work?" Then he woke up, and was a trifle confused. (He did rent I Am Legend the weekend the boys and I were out of town, so there's a logical explanation behind this one.)

That same morning, Action Hero, who had been transported to our bed in the early morning hours, yawned, stretched, and said, quite clearly, "Crayons." Then he sighed and continued sleeping. Well, okay then. I'll get right on that.*

And, to round out the trio, Boy Wonder apparently had a doozy while sleeping over at my parents' house last night. My mother reports that he woke up at 4:20 and said, "Grandma! Classmate just stole my pencil case and my cutting scissors and will not give them back! OH NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo." He was eventually persuaded that his pencil case and cutting scissors were just fine.

*He has been coloring a lot recently, and watches Boy Wonder very carefully, perhaps hoping that he will soon be able to crank out impressive drawings of houses (Boy Wonder recently drew one that had a face AND was riding a skateboard) instead of covering a sheet of paper with colorful scribbles.

No comments: