Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lost in thought

Random thoughts on the season finale. Hopefully, some of you watch the show?

1. Dominic Monaghan must be BFF with the producers and screenwriters, because Charlie got one heck of a sendoff. Nobly volunteering for a suicide mission, having several chances to change his mind and not changing it...and then finding out that he was the right one for the mission, because I don't think anyone else on that island played the piano. I'm somewhat sad; I always liked the character.

2. I will assume that Walt (no wonder they shuffled his character off; the actor's growth really outpaced the character there!) told Locke that the boat was not a Happy Rescue Boat. I will assume this because I like Locke even more than I liked the previously mentioned character.

3. No, I don't have any guesses as to who was in the coffin. Looked like someone short, though, which sort of lets out Saywer and Locke.

4. Are we sure that Mikhail's name is not Rasputin? Good grief. Did he die in the grenade blast too, or is he going to chase Desmond to the surface?

5. I briefly wondered if the mother/son accident victims were Claire and Aaron, once I realized that it was a reverse flashback episode.

6. My own personal theory, which is probably utterly ridiculous: Ben is not in charge of the Others, although he's welcome to think that he is. Richard is really in control and has always been. Ben is an experiment, meant to determine just how crazy someone will become, and how far he will go, given the right circumstances.

2 comments:

IntangibleArts said...

I'll confess I haven't kept up with Lost as much as others, though it was good to see Terry O'Quinn getting a solid gig.... Locke is a fascinating character, particularly if you've seen THE STEPFATHER, a fantastic-yet-underrated horror film from 1987. Even after all this time, I still see the Stepfather character in Locke... brr!

epota said...

THE STEPFATHER? Didn't that also have Cheryl Ladd, or one of the other successors in the long line of post-Farrah's on "Charlie's Angels"? Methinks it was the one just after Cheryl. The one who actually was a Charlie girl or something to do with perfume.

Hmmm... Scary indeed.