Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Four!

Boy Wonder turned four today. This has caused him to ponder some weighty matters, like when exactly his Batman cake will be arriving, who will be coming to his birthday party, and whether or not he wanted to turn four at all. This morning featured Wild Mood Swings, involving a dramatic floor-flinging and shouts of, "I don't WANT to be four! I want to be THREE LIKE THIS forever!" This was after, upon waking up and being informed that it was finally Tuesday, his birthday, he said, "I'm four NOW? Really? Wow! I'm FOUR today!" and smiled charmingly.

He did make one important decision, though. On the way home today, he spent ten minutes deciding what he was going to be for Halloween. He's got it narrowed down to Batman, the Green Goblin, Spiderman, or Batman. Or maybe the Green Goblin. No, Batman! Or Cookie Monster. (That last one threw me. We still have roughly ten zillion Sesame Street DVDs, acquired back in the day where he'd burst into tears if one was not played for him immediately upon arriving home and I had a constant loop of "Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree" playing in my head, but he hasn't asked to watch one in ages.) No matter what he decides about HIS costume, though, he is quite sure about mine. He has decided that I will be Catwoman. So, if you'll excuse me, I need to go exercise. A lot.

No comments: