Thursday, October 19, 2006

Who's that guy with the tuba, then?

Boy Wonder was eating breadsticks on the drive home today.

"Mommy? These are my drumsticks."
Oh, that's nice. Are you playing drums?
"Yes! Because, Mommy? I have a band!"
Hmmm.
"Mommy? It's a PRETEND band."

Maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, then he pretended the breadstick was a pencil, and spent the rest of the drive home asking how to spell my name, Dragon's name, his name, and Baby Boone's name (his syntax was a bit garbled; he was asking, "And what is the start with next letter? D? OK! And what is the start with..."), and then "writing" the names on his knee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there missy - you might wanta update your blog - you're actually 30 now!! And do you still have that washer that keeps breaking? Love reading 'bout you and the kidlets. Still beading?

Anithe said...

Oh, dear. Hi, and when did you post this? Probably weeks ago, and I'm just picking it up now! Sorry sorry sorry. And congrats on that new job and Big Raise!

Updates made. New washer! It better not break. Still beading, and playing with a couple other forms of jewelry-making too (polymer and metal clay).

Anonymous said...

Nah, I probably posted it around the 23rd...and look how long it took me to read your response! (today's the 6th)

Congrats on the updates. How's the furnace?

I've heard of the metal clay, but haven't dealt with it yet - what are your thoughts on it?

Oh, and here's a bit o' braggin' from me - I just finished painting my new craft room - it's all MINE!! I can bead, read, display my stuff...tons of shelves, and a french-door onto the deck-that-was area, so lots of afternoon sun too.
:-)