Sunday, September 28, 2008

Free advice

From Boy Wonder. Given to Action Hero, who was afraid of the car wash today and became a little weepy.

"Action Hero, I need to tell you something. When I was three, I was very scared of the car wash! I cried all the time when we went to the car wash.* But then I learned a lesson.** And when I was four, I wasn't afraid of the car wash anymore! So right now you are scared, and probably you will be scared when you are three too. But then you will be four, and then you will not cry at the car wash."

I found this rather cute. I also find it amazing how quickly Boy Wonder flips from Helpful, Protective Older Brother to Bossy, Teasing Older Brother.

Action Hero had no comment, except to ask if he could have lemonade and pretzels when we got home.

*Which we've only ever gone too once every three months, because it's free after an oil change.
**I am not sure which lesson he is talking about. I think Young Boy Wonder liked the car wash better after I told him it was like the car taking a shower, or perhaps running through the sprinkler. Perhaps that's it.

No comments: