Monday, September 24, 2007

Casual where?

Over the past couple of years, I have met various parties who tell me something surprising about their wardrobes. With perfectly straight faces and an earnest attitude, they tell me that they do not own any jeans. Or sweatpants. Or yoga pants. On weekends, they wear khakis, or cords, or cotton slacks...anything but blue jeans. I would imagine that the khakis and cords are accompanied by button-down shirts...perhaps even neatly ironed ones.

I do not understand these people. Business wear is fine for the business world, but at home, I like to be as comfortable as possible, and for me, that means jeans, T-shirts, and sweats. I like to be so comfortable, in fact, that, "Uh. Are you really going to wear that to the grocery store?" is a frequent weekend phrase around here.

However, these people do have one advantage, which is as follows. When a neighbor unexpectedly stops by to drop off some freshly baked cookies one evening, she will not find them cooking dinner in flannel pajama pants and a gray T-shirt that was purchased in 2002.

1 comment:

IntangibleArts said...

Oh dear....I'm still getting quite a bit of mileage out of the Hawkwind tour shirt I got from the show they played in DC back in.....was it.... 1989? Yeesh. But it is quite comfortable. Must be cotton/poly, otherwise it would be a pile of tired ashes by now.

Viva comfortableness!