Saturday, August 26, 2006

Homeward bound

Whoa. Just, whoa.

My household has gotten rather a lot accomplished in the past month.

1. I turned thirty.

2. So did Dragon.

3. Baby Boone is almost ridiculously beautiful. His post-bath hair is charmingly curly, and I just about melted with the cuteness when he smiled and squeaked in happiness after a bath earlier this week. He has also has been acquiring new skills at a furious rate; he WAVED at me in the grocery store today. I had been joking that he'd waved at me through the daycare window the other day, but really I thought that he'd just decided to take a good look at his hand, and any semblance of a wave was wishful thinking on my part. Now I'm wondering if he really was waving, because that sure was a wave in the checkout line today.

Also, from his daycare report sheet on Friday:

"Baby Boone had a little road trip today! I put him in the exersaucer and he really liked the steering wheel. He kept turning it. I don't know where he was going. :) "

Brilliant, that child.

4. Boy Wonder is rather brilliant also, having decided entirely on his own that wearing Big-Boy Underwear is the way to go. One Sunday morning, he asked to wear underwear, and I told him that if he stayed dry until it was time for grocery shopping, he could color with markers. (He loves markers, but his have been in hiding for some time, due to Excessive Coloring on Inappropriate Surfaces. Just because the markers are washable doesn't mean that you SHOULD use them on your breakfast plate and the coffee table.) He got to color with markers, and he has also remained dry since, except for a couple got-too-busy-playing-and-forgot-to-go accidents.


5. And, yeah. So. Remember that house hunt? All signs indicate that it is over. We found The House. (In correspondence with Hawkins, I've been referring to it as Charming Bungalow, and thus shall it be known here.) If all goes well, Charming Bungalow will be ours on Thursday. (Then, and only then, will I post the story of how we found Charming Bungalow. The whole thing reeks so strongly of of This Must Be Fate that I don't want to jinx it.) Hence the lack of blogging lately; I have been consumed with making an offer to purchase, waiting for the offer to be accepted, cheering upon the offer's acceptance, scheduling and attending a home inspection, securing financing, being nervous about whether or not we will really get financing, thinking about paint colors (we've been living in apartments for ten years; we REALLY want to paint a couple of rooms now), picking out paint colors, packing, calling the realtor and mortgage lender with last-minute questions, looking for packing boxes, packing some more, cleaning, packing, doing laundry, packing, trying not to lose any of the Important Paperwork, packing, wrangling Boy Wonder as he tries to help me pack, packing, shopping for appliances, and packing.

Speaking of packing...yeah, I've got some stuff to do.

No comments: